You guys, THIS is a very important tutorial that I wish had more notes. If you want a perfect cheesecake with NO CRACKS. I mean a flawless piece of cheesecake art… this is your tutorial… just sayin’… Click the link for full details~~~TheCakeBar
No Crack Cheesecake! (recipe/tutorial)
This is a request I get all the time… ‘how do I make a cheesecake that doesn’t crack…?’ This is a good tutorial with pics!
Here are some general rules I use:
- If you don’t want to do a Bano De Maria (placing the cheesecake in a water tub) Place a pan of boiling water inside the oven while the cheesecake is baking. The water is what keeps the cheesecake moist enough so it it won’t crack.
- Put the Springform pan inside another pan even if you’re not doing a Bano De Maria because the springform can leak and cause a mini fire in your oven. Or you can use foil like the pics on this recipe (this recipe does this so the water won’t get into the cheesecake) but it’s still a good idea to do this because of leakage that can happen with springforms.
- If the recipe requires a Degree of let’s say 350 or 325… go lower put it on 300 and bake it for an extra 10 minutes or so. The lower heat/longer baking time will prevent the cracks.
- If it does crack. DONT PANIC. Generally, once the cheesecake get’s out of the oven and cools down it deflates ON ITS OWN. As it deflates, the cracks can seal in pretty nicely… Just don’t touch it and let it do it’s own thing. also to avoid deflation let cheesecake cool down in oven (slightly cracked open and turned off) if you take cheesecake out the oven right away it will deflate. Let it cool down completely inside oven ;)
- These techniques I also use when making mini cheesecakes on my mini cheesecake pans. ( BTW, I have an AMAZING MINI CHEESECAKE PAN) :D
CRACK Free cheesecake, may seem hard to achieve but it really isn’t!
Need more help? Contact me @thecakebar I love to help!